This privacy notice for International Foodservice Distributors Association (“we,” “us,” or “our”), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share (“process”) your information when you use our services (“Services”), such as when you:
- Download and use our mobile application (IFDA Mobile), or any other application of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases. such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Paypal. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.paypal.com/myaccountiprivacy/privacyhub.
Application Data. If you use our application(s) we also may collect the following information if you choose to provide us with access or permission:
- Geolocation Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, while you are using our mobile application(s), to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s calendar, camera, contacts, storage. and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your devices settings.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the application(s). If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may tum them off in your devices settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our application(s), for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. such as your device characteristics, operating system, device name, device model and other technical information. This information is primarily needed for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses. we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your phone. tablet you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your application identification numbers and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention; and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies. and other similar information.
- To save or protect an individual’s vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following third parties.
Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. They also commit to protect the data they hold on to our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
The third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
• Web and Mobile Analytics – Google Analytics for Firebase
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example. because your personal information has been stored in backup archives) then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we deem that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
8. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
In certain situations, you may request to review, update, delete your personal information. To do so please submit a request to [email protected].
International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA) believes in your right to privacy when using the Internet for your communication. We intend to adhere to the following policies aimed at protecting your privacy on our site.
We will explicitly ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you (“Personal Information”). This information may be requested when registering for our events, purchasing our materials, or at other times as special opportunities or events arise. We will provide you with the means to make sure that your Personal Information is correct and current.
Personal Information obtained from you will not be shared with a third party if you have declined to have that information shared. It may be used internally as part of promotion programs and we may disclose non-personally identifiable compilations of information to third parties for marketing related purposes. You may also stop the delivery of informational or promotional email from us by following the instructions on the email delivering the information.
If you provide Personal Information to any entity that is linked to this site, you should consult their privacy statement for information on their policies in this regard. IFDA is not responsible for the use of the information by those entities.
We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates; (b) protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users, and (c) act as immediately necessary in order to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Agreement to Receive Text Messages
By providing your mobile number, you agree that International Foodservice Distributors Association may send you periodic SMS or MMS messages containing but not limited to important information, updates, deals, and specials.
- You will receive up to 4 messages per month.
- You may unsubscribe at any time by texting the word STOP to the 45535. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
- For help, send the word HELP to 45535.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- United States Participating Carriers Include AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular®, MetroPCS®, InterOp, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless, Cricket, Virgin Mobile, and others.
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- You agree to notify us of any changes to your mobile number and update your account with us to reflect this change.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
- By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact IFDA at (703) 532-9400.
Will I be charged for the text messages I receive?
Though IFDA will never charge you for the text messages you receive, depending on your phone plan, you may see some charges from your mobile provider. Please reach out to your wireless provider if you have questions about your text or data plan.