GS1 US Standards Initiative
IFDA is a Proud Member of the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative.
Since 2009, industry leaders have been working together to drive the adoption and implementation of GS1 Standards throughout the foodservice industry. Widespread adoption of GS1 Standards in the industry will greatly improve efficiency, product information, and enable supply chain visibility.
Delivering on Consumer Expectations
Join these and other foodservice companies who are leveraging the power of barcodes and unique identification to improve business efficiencies.
“We estimate supplier savings of $400K+ from notifying 980 vs 5,700 restaurants with precise recall.“
“Average time to market has gone from 90 hours to 30 minutes, a 99.4 percent improvement.“
Beaver Street Fisheries
“We have seen a 20 percent increase in sales and a 14 percent increase in demand for those products that have extended data attributes.”
About GS1 US: A Video Overview
GS1 US and GS1 Standards have transformed the world of business and those living in it. This video tells the story.
How to Compete and Succeed in Foodservice
See how foodservice companies are focusing on three key industry drivers to stay relevant and competitive.
Top 5 Resources
News You Can Use
- Digital Acceleration: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly | Next Level Supply Chain with GS1 US
- Digitize Your Supply Chain to Stay Ahead of Consumer Expectations Webinar
- GS1 US, FoodLogiQ, IBM Food Trust, ripe.io and SAP Complete Food Traceability Proof-of-Concept
- Food Companies Creating Sophisticated Traceability Tech [The Food Institute]
- How RFID Technology Can Increase Confidence in Food Safety
For more information, visit gs1us.org/foodservice