IFDA is hiring! We have exciting opportunities for you to use your exceptional experience and creativity. Are you looking for variety and the chance to use your skills? Would you love to work with a smart, collaborative, committed team?
Director, Member Learning Programs
The Director, Member Learning Programs lead all association efforts in the identification, design and execution of learning initiatives and instructional content by establishing a comprehensive curriculum, both in-person and virtual, that meets the needs of IFDA’s various constituents. Under the direction of the Vice President, Industry Relations, this position will ensure IFDA’s organizational goals and strategic priorities are met.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead all of IFDA’s learning initiatives and educational programs;
- Responsible for planning, developing and delivering effective industry professional development for in-person, virtual and hybrid events;
- Contribute to and collaborate on the overall strategy and experience of major meetings;
- Identify, design and execute in-person and virtual content and learning opportunities for:
- SMart conference (sales & marketing)
- Solutions Conference (annual expo)
- All other learning programs identified as necessary
- Serve as primary staff liaison to:
- SMart conference Planning Council
- Solutions Conference Planning Council
- Recommend new in-person, virtual and hybrid models and work to identify new revenue opportunities;
- Research and identify diverse, relevant paid and non-paid speakers;
- Contract, prepare, coach and manage speakers for all education events;
- Collaborate with the marketing department to promote all learning opportunities and ensure content marketing consistency;
- Oversee the learning section of the website;
- Coordinate the IFDA Executive Development Program with UVA’s Darden School of Business:
- Responsible for two, 3.5 day executive education courses typically held in February and July each year; negotiate contract; serve as primary IFDA staff liaison for Darden faculty and program participants
- Monitor other industries for best-practices that could have value for foodservice distributors;
- Collaborate with staff liaisons to identify and develop learning opportunities around IFDA committee work;
- Collaborate with the database team on registration, pricing and implementation plans and strategies;
- Develop and execute strategies to leverage IFDA event content into extended learning opportunities;
- IFDA Strategic Plan implementation, as needed;
- Truck Driving Championship, as needed;
- All other duties as assigned by VP of Industry Relations.
No direct supervisory responsibilities, however works closely with, and is supported by administrative staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education & Experience Required:
- Progressive experience and responsibility in creating and executing adult learning educational programs;
- Data driven leader who can generate and execute ideas at the strategic and tactical levels;
- Creative individual with a curiosity and desire to continuously learn and try new things;
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Excellent member relations skills and experience working with, and leading, volunteers;
- Support a culture of collaboration, teamwork, innovation and excellence with an ability to work cooperatively across all departments;
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to position IFDA’s education events for the future by moving beyond traditional approaches, when appropriate;
- Develop productive relationships with allied trade associations to identify mutual learning opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Communications, Learning/Education, Public Relations or Marketing;
- 7+ years employment in association management, private industry or an education related field;
- Must be proficient in adult learning/education program development;
- Microsoft office proficiency.
IFDA offers competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing plan, vacation, personal and sick leave, and flexible office hours in a hybrid environment. Our office is located near Tysons Galleria in McLean, VA. We have a dedicated staff of 20 working in a professional and pleasant work environment.
Travel to IFDA Events, industry-related events, member visits up to 25% of the year by land/or air. Some weekend travel required.
IFDA is the premier trade association for the $300 billion foodservice distribution industry. IFDA contributes to the growth, development, and success of the foodservice distribution industry through our outstanding advocacy, events, research, and education. We exist to help our members succeed! For additional information regarding our association, please visit www.ifdaonline.org