Labor continues to be a top challenge for foodservice distributors, making recruitment and retention strategies and tactics a leading priority. This report analyzes how young applicants find and respond to job postings, recruiting practices of foodservice distributors, the industry’s workforce composition, and how current foodservice distribution drivers and selectors feel about their jobs. IFDA surveyed more than 1,000 Millennial and Gen Z individuals to identify their priorities when it comes to searching for and applying for a job, interviewed current drivers and selectors, collected recruiting and workforce demographic information from foodservice distribution companies, and analyzed thousands of public job postings to help distributors further hone their recruiting. This research builds on IFDA’s Winning Over Millennial and Gen Z Workers research published in 2022.
The report includes:
- Where individuals age 18-34 without college degrees look for job ads and what information they prioritize in those ads.
- Current recruiting practices of foodservice distribution companies.
- Demographics of the current foodservice distribution workforce.
- Analysis of 4,500 job ads to determine common components of foodservice distribution delivery driver and warehouse selector public job postings.
- One-on-one interviews with a dozen drivers and selectors about their jobs.
Price: Free to all IFDA members as an exclusive member benefit. Non-members may purchase the PDF report for $499.