May 26, 2022
The IFDA 2022 Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey report provides a detailed analysis of key compensation- and benefits-related statistics for 35+ executive, salaried, and sales positions. The results are based on confidential surveys from 959 distribution companies, including 49 foodservice distribution firms, representing over 10,000 locations. The International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA) was one of 22 distribution-related associations that sponsored the survey.
Key Highlights: Data is based on 2021 calendar year statistics.
- Positions included in the survey include 35+ executive, management and sales positions.
- Data is broken down by all participating firms and foodservice distributors (IFDA Firms), by annual sales (less than $10M, $10M to $50M, $51M to $100M, and over $100M), and by region (Northeast, South, Midwest, West, and Canada).
- Details on benefits like health care, 401K, and PTO.
- Details on compensation structure and benefits of inside and outside salespeople.
- Foodservice distribution firms offer higher average total compensation (base salary + bonuses) for most executive-level positions than overall distribution firms.
- Foodservice distribution firms are on par with overall distribution firms in offering medical insurance employees.
: Free to participating companies
. An aggregate PDF report is available to non-participating IFDA Members for $799, and to IFDA Non-Members for $1,799.
Buy the Report
Companies that participated in the survey may access results and exclusive reporting tools in our online portal
. If you don't know if your company participates, please email us
May 24, 2023
This cross-industry report for hourly positions provides a better understanding of how your company's compensation levels and benefits practices compare in the labor market. Read more
August 24, 2022
A PDF report with aggregate industry statistics on key foodservice distribution business performance metrics based on a benchmarking survey of 37 companies. Data is broken down by general business profile categories. Read more
June 1, 2022
A PDF report of select hourly positions provides a better understanding of how your company's compensation levels and benefits practices compare in the labor market. Read more