July 10, 2019
The foodservice industry is a rapidly evolving space that savvy foodservice distributors follow closely. Technomic
Principal Wade Hanson provides an update on the state of the industry and topline trends, including:
- Aspects and indicators in the nation's economy that are influencing consumer behavior and the foodservice operating environment.
- Current and forecasted foodservice segment performance.
- Labor market trends that are challenging to foodservice operators.
- How corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability have become a consumer expectation that restaurant operators are challenged to understand and meet.
- How increases in consumer use of restaurant delivery - especially third-party delivery services - are changing foodservice operations, from staffing and menu-mix, to packaging products and customer service.
- How the current and future role of the DSR is changing to keep up with the evolving needs and preferences of restaurant operators.
Wade Hanson has 25 years of experience serving the needs of clients in a research and consulting capacity. Since joining Technomic in 2006, he has conducted and written numerous studies encompassing all foodservice segments, and has extensive expertise in market sizing, market trend evaluation and competitive assessments.
This webinar is exclusive to IFDA members. Technomic also produces research resources for IFDA, including white papers on off-premise packaging trends and operators' e-sourcing behavior, and a comprehensive study on GPOs.
Log in to view the webinar
September 21, 2020
Foodservice Management Firms (FSMs) have been growing in size and share. In many ways, FSMs should be viewed as the chain operators of these beyond-restaurant/noncommercial segments, and the larger players tend to have large footprints that will continue to make them an attractive target for distributors as the industry recovers. Read more
August 21, 2020
This guide is intended to highlight the points that are most relevant to foodservice distributors and present them in an at-a-glance format for easy overview. Read more
July 27, 2020
Independent operators that are nimble and quickly evolve to shifting consumer trends find the most success. That flexibility and innovation will be more important than ever for independent restaurants navigating the current foodservice environment. COVID-19 has forced major changes to how, where and why consumers interact with restaurants. Read more