2020 Cross-Industry Compensation and Benefits Survey
Understanding the labor market in foodservice distribution and other distribution/wholesale industry verticals is key to successful recruitment and retention. Last conducted in 2018, we are repeating this survey to get up-to-date information on 35+ salaried positions (executive, management and sales) to help you stay competitive. Results will provide a better understanding of how your company's compensation levels and benefits practices compare with 1,000+ companies from 20+ distribution/wholesale industry verticals.
IFDA engaged Industry Insights, an independent research company, to collect and compile the results of the study. Industry Insights has more than 40 years of experience in conducting confidential, compensation benchmarking studies of this nature. The survey is hosted and maintained on a secure server outside of IFDA's website to keep your data safe and confidential.
This survey is now closed. Results are expected in early summer 2020.
2019 Compensation Survey: Driver and Warehouse Edition
Recruiting qualified drivers and warehouse personnel is becoming increasingly challenging and the labor pool will remain shallow for the foreseeable future. Offering competitive compensation and benefits to hourly employees is a good tool to ease that challenge. But what offerings are competitive?
Participating companies can access full results for free, including customized report and build-your-own reporting tools online, by logging into our online platform. Non-participating companies may buy an aggregate report.
This cross-industry survey contains confidential information from 93 distribution companies, including 60 foodservice distributors, providing wage data for 699 U.S. locations. The data provides a better understanding of how your company's compensation levels and benefits practices compare in the labor market.
- 5 driver positions and 19 warehouse positions.
- Details on base wage, type of incentive/component pay, benefits used to recruit/retain workers, annual pay adjustments, turnover, and more.
- 3 data breakdown categories: all firms and foodservice distributors (IFDA firms), sales/shipment volume (Under $50M, $50M-$200M, over $200M), and U.S. region.
- 7 data points for each position: average weekly hours, median and average base hourly wage, median and average annual gross pay, and median and average effective gross rate.
- An online portal will hold the full results for participating companies once available.
- Non-participating companies may purchase an aggregate PDF report, once available.
Foodservice distributors that participated in the survey receive free access
to the following:
- PDF Industry Report: provides aggregate results.
- PDF Company Report: confidential, individualized reports that presents a participant’s own compensation and benefit information alongside the appropriate comparatives.
- Excel Data Tables: full data aggregates compiled in the survey.
- Searchable Results: an online tool that allows participants to examine the data in ways not possible through the PDF reports or Excel Data Tables; participants can create their own data cuts and build their own reports.
IFDA engaged Industry Insights
, an independent research company, to collect and compile the results of the study. Industry Insights has more than 40 years of experience in conducting confidential, compensation benchmarking studies of this nature. The survey is hosted and maintained on a secure server to keep your data safe and confidential.
For questions about IFDA’s compensation survey and other research, contact Annika Stensson at email@example.com.
Operations & Financial Benchmarking Data Available
Update: This survey is scheduled to be fielded again in 2020. Stay tuned for details.
The new IFDA benchmarking survey results are now available to participating companies. A PDF report with aggregate industry numbers
broken down by general business profile categories (i.e. no company specific data) is available for purchase to non-participating companies.
The 60 participating foodservice distribution companies receive free, exclusive access to full results presented in several different formats via an online portal at www.IFDABenchmarking.com
- The 2019 IFDA Operations & Financial Performance Report — a downloadable PDF with aggregate industry numbers.
- An individual Company Performance Report — a downloadable PDF available only to you that compares your data to the industry aggregates.
- Detailed Data Tables — a downloadable Excel spreadsheet of the full results.
- Interactive Infographic – a graphic that presents key industry metrics you can populate with your own data for a visual comparison.
- Scenario Generator — an interactive online tool that allows users to see the potential impact that changes in their business could have.
- A searchable results module where participants can build their own reports and download charts and graphs will be added soon.
IFDA launched its new consolidated benchmarking survey in December 2018. This new, refreshed program was designed with busy schedules in mind to require less time and deliver ready-to-use, customizable results. The survey focused on the key operations and financial metrics, including sales growth, private-label product sales, inventory levels, technology implementation, inbound and outbound totals, error rates, on-time delivery rates, employee turnover, as well as standard balance sheet and income statement data.
IFDA engaged Industry Insights to execute the program to keep data confidential and secure - participant information will not be seen by IFDA. For technical and online portal questions, contact Industry Insights’ Scott Hackworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about IFDA’s benchmarking program, email Annika Stensson at email@example.com.