The IFDA Executive Development Program for Foodservice Distributor Executives is designed to take high potential employees at your company to the next level through a process of personal development that is both challenging and rewarding.
2023 Darden Modules
- Module 1: Sunday, February 5 – Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Module 2: Sunday, July 16 – Wednesday, July 19, 2023
A Customized Program for Foodservice Distribution
Participants come away with improved leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. With IFDA's customized program, they have the opportunity to develop those skills with other high potential people in the foodservice distribution industry. This groundbreaking program is conducted with the world-renowned University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The Financial Times ranks Darden’s faculty No. 1 in the world and The Economist has ranked Darden the No. 1 educational experience in the world for three consecutive years.
This program will help participants:
- Cultivate a leadership style that promotes an innovation-focused entrepreneurial mindset, create successful teams, and drive transformational change;
- Integrate strategy, judgment, and data for more effective decision-making;
- Analyze, assess, and structure negotiating situations, and create appropriate strategies to improve relationships and enhance effectiveness;
- Identify how cashflow influences business decisions, as well as key data, benchmarking comparisons, and other aspects of executive-level financial reporting;
- Realize their full potential as a leader.
- Module 1, February 5 – 8, 2023, contains 24 hours of class time & mandatory team required activities as well as approximately 10 hours of mandatory pre-class individual preparation. In total there are 34 hours of course hours.
- Module 2, July 16 – July 19, contains 24 hours of class time & mandatory team required activities as well as approximately 8 hours of mandatory pre-class individual preparation. In total there are 32 hours of course hours.
2023 Darden Modules
February 5 – 8
Darden Module One, Charlottesville, VA
(24 hours of class time & team work as well as approximately 10 hours of indvidual preparation, totaling 34 hours.)
Students spend three days at Darden developing critical thinking, decision analysis, and strategic thinking to help participants understand organizational strategy, competitive dynamics, and the fundamentals of business growth.
July 16 – 19
Darden Module Two, Charlottesville, VA
(24 hours of class time & team work as well as approximately 8 hours of indvidual preparation, totaling 32 hours.)
Second classroom session where students will continue to build insights and network with colleagues.
Program Graduates receive a certificate of completion as well as recognition at IFDA events.
Registration for the 2023 class is now closed.
For questions please contact Carolyn West.
Total Cost to Participate and What is Included:
- Program Tuition and Campus Activities: $7,320
- Hotel Charge: $1,080
- Total Registration Cost for Program: $8,400
Cost to Participate by Module:
- Program Tuition and Campus Activities: $3,660
- 3 Night Hotel Charge: $540
- Total Registration Cost Per Module: $4,200
The total registration fee covers the program tuition, all materials, activities and room and board for Modules One and Two.
Program tuition and campus activities includes lunch and dinner each day, transportation between the hotel and campus as well as snacks, wireless and use of the fitness center. Cost for the hotel includes room charges and breakfast ($180 per day for a total of 6 days).
Attendees are responsible for their travel costs and any hotel nights beyond the three days of the program, Sunday - Tuesday.
All cancellations must be emailed to Mary Som at email@example.com
Questions? Please contact Carolyn West firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel & Destination
For the February session, while the Inn at Darden is undergoing renovations, students enrolled in the Executive Development Program stay at the Marriott Residence Inn, Downtown Charlottesville.
The hotel is a 10 minute ride to Darden’s campus (transportation provided) and conveniently located in the bustling downtown area.
Rooms are studio suites with kitchens and seating areas. Complimentary Wi-FI and work desks also make it easy to stay connected and productive throughout your stay.
Marriott Resident Inn Downtown Charlottesville
315 West Main Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
*Please note that reservations are handled by the university and are automatically made for participants when they register for the program.
In July, 2023, the program is scheduled to return to the newly renovated Kimpton Hotel - "The Forum"
located on the Darden campus.