The IFDA Executive Development Program for Foodservice Distributor Executives is designed to take high potential employees at your company to the next level through a process of personal development that is both challenging and rewarding.
A Customized Program for Foodservice Distribution
Participants come away with improved leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. With IFDA's customized program, they have the opportunity to develop those skills with other high potential people in the foodservice distribution industry. This groundbreaking program is conducted with the world-renowned University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The Financial Times ranks Darden’s faculty No. 1 in the world and The Economist has ranked Darden the No. 1 educational experience in the world for three consecutive years.
This program will help participants:
- Cultivate a leadership style that promotes an innovation-focused entrepreneurial mindset, create successful teams, and drive transformational change;
- Integrate strategy, judgment, and data for more effective decision-making;
- Analyze, assess, and structure negotiating situations, and create appropriate strategies to improve relationships and enhance effectiveness;
- Identify how cashflow influences business decisions, as well as key data, benchmarking comparisons, and other aspects of executive-level financial reporting;
- Realize their full potential as a leader.
- Between Module 1 and Module 2, there are a total of 35.5 classroom hours.
2020 Darden Modules
Approximately 35.5 Classroom Hours
February 23 – 26, 2020
Darden Module One, Charlottesville, VA
Students spend three days at Darden developing critical thinking, decision analysis, and strategic thinking to help participants understand organizational strategy, competitive dynamics, and the fundamentals of business growth.
July 12 – 15, 2020
Darden Module Two, Charlottesville, VA
Second classroom session where students will continue to build insights and network with colleagues.
Program Graduates receive a certificate of completion as well as recognition at IFDA events.
The Deadline for Enrollment is for the 2020 Class is December 21, 2019. Questions, please call (703) 532-9400.
Hotel & Destination
Students enrolled in the Executive Development Program stay at the historic Inn at Darden, the on-grounds hotel and conference property of the University of Virginia. Conveniently located next to UVA’s Darden School of Business, the inn is a 10-minute drive from downtown Charlottesville and a quick walk from shops and restaurants just off grounds.
Rooms include pillow-top queen beds, microwaves, coffeemakers and mini-fridges. Complimentary Wi-Fi and work desks also make it easy to stay connected and productive throughout your stay.
UVA Inn at Darden
10 Duffy Boulevard
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Reservations: Are made for participants automatically when they register for the program.