The IFDA Executive Development Program for Foodservice Distributor Executives is designed to take high potential employees at your company to the next level through a process of personal development that is both challenging and rewarding.
2022 Darden Modules
February 6-9, 2022
July 24-27, 2022
A Customized Program for Foodservice Distribution
Participants come away with improved leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. With IFDA's customized program, they have the opportunity to develop those skills with other high potential people in the foodservice distribution industry. This groundbreaking program is conducted with the world-renowned University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The Financial Times ranks Darden’s faculty No. 1 in the world and The Economist has ranked Darden the No. 1 educational experience in the world for three consecutive years.
This program will help participants:
- Cultivate a leadership style that promotes an innovation-focused entrepreneurial mindset, create successful teams, and drive transformational change;
- Integrate strategy, judgment, and data for more effective decision-making;
- Analyze, assess, and structure negotiating situations, and create appropriate strategies to improve relationships and enhance effectiveness;
- Identify how cashflow influences business decisions, as well as key data, benchmarking comparisons, and other aspects of executive-level financial reporting;
- Realize their full potential as a leader.
- Module 1 contains 24 hours of class time & mandatory team required activities as well as approximately 10 hours of mandatory pre-class individual preparation. In total there are 34 hours of instructional hours.
- Module 2, contains 20 hours of class time & mandatory team required activities as well as approximately 8 hours of mandatory pre-class individual preparation. In total there are 28 hours of instructional hours.
2022 Darden Modules
February 6 -9, 2022
Darden Module One, Charlottesville, VA
(24 hours of class time & team work as well as approximately 10 hours of indvidual preparation, totaling 34 hours.)
Students spend three days at Darden developing critical thinking, decision analysis, and strategic thinking to help participants understand organizational strategy, competitive dynamics, and the fundamentals of business growth.
July 24-27, 2022
Darden Module Two, Charlottesville, VA
(21 hours of class time & team work as well as approximately 9 hours of indvidual preparation, totaling 30 hours.)
Second classroom session where students will continue to build insights and network with colleagues.
Program Graduates receive a certificate of completion as well as recognition at IFDA events.
Review Module Two Agenda
July Module Two Cost to Participate and What is Included:
Program Tuition and Campus Activities: $3,203
Hotel Charge: $507
Total Registration Cost for Program: $3,710
The registration fee covers the program tuition, all materials, activities and room and board for Modules One and Two.
Program tuition and campus activities includes lunch and dinner each day, transportation between the hotel and campus as well as snacks, wireless and use of the fitness center.
Cost for the hotel includes room charges and breakfast ($169 per day for a total of 6 days). Attendees are responsible for their travel costs and any hotel nights beyond the Sunday-Tuesday three days of the program.
*By registering for this program, you agree to abide by health and safety protocols set in place by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Virginia and local public health authorities, the University of Virginia and its Darden Covid-19 Participant Requirements as of November, 2021 which are subject to change and expected to be updated.
Questions? Please contact Carolyn West firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel & Destination
While the Inn at Darden is undergoing renovations, students enrolled in the Executive Development Program stay at the Marriott Residence Inn, Downtown Charlottesville.
The hotel is a 10 minute ride to Darden’s campus (transportation provided) and conveniently located in the bustling downtown area.
Rooms are studio suites with kitchens and a seating area. Complimentary Wi-FI and work desks also make it easy to stay connected and productive throughout your stay.
Marriott Resident Inn Downtown Charlottesville
315 West Main Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Reservations are handled by the university and are automatically made for participants when they register for the program.