The IFDA Executive Development Program for Foodservice Distributor Executives is designed to take high potential employees at your company to the next level through a process of personal development that is both challenging and rewarding.
A Customized Program for Foodservice Distribution
Participants come away with improved leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. With IFDA's customized program, they have the opportunity to develop those skills with other high potential people in the foodservice distribution industry. This groundbreaking program is conducted with the world-renowned University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The Financial Times ranks Darden’s faculty No. 1 in the world and The Economist has ranked Darden the No. 1 educational experience in the world for three consecutive years.
This program will help participants:
- Cultivate a leadership style that promotes an innovation-focused entrepreneurial mindset, create successful teams, and drive transformational change;
- Integrate strategy, judgment, and data for more effective decision-making;
- Analyze, assess, and structure negotiating situations, and create appropriate strategies to improve relationships and enhance effectiveness;
- Identify how cashflow influences business decisions, as well as key data, benchmarking comparisons, and other aspects of executive-level financial reporting;
- Realize their full potential as a leader.
- Between Module 1 and Module 2, there are a total of 35.5 classroom hours.
Darden Module 1 ScheduleSunday, February 10
Registration and Check-in
The first day includes Leadership in Action case study, a reception and dinner, and concludes with learning teams meeting.
Monday, February 11
The day features case studies addressing: Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Decision Analysis, Developing an Enterprise Perspective and The Nuance of Negotiation. The day concludes with a networking reception and dinner.
Tuesday, February 12
The day features case studies addressing: Financial Statement, Financial Analysis, Strategic Thinking and Change. Learning teams will also meet. The day concludes with a networking reception and dinner.
Wednesday, February 13
The day includes a two-part case study on Embracing Innovation, Creating What's Possible and Action Planning for Module Two. The program concludes at 3:15 p.m.
The Deadline for Enrollment is for the 2019 Class is December 21, 2018. Questions, please call (703) 532-9400. Register today.
Hotel & Destination
Students enrolled in the Executive Development Program stay at the historic Inn at Darden, the on-grounds hotel and conference property of the University of Virginia. Conveniently located next to UVA’s Darden School of Business, the inn is a 10-minute drive from downtown Charlottesville and a quick walk from shops and restaurants just off grounds.
Rooms include pillow-top queen beds, microwaves, coffeemakers and mini-fridges. Complimentary Wi-Fi and work desks also make it easy to stay connected and productive throughout your stay.
UVA Inn at Darden
10 Duffy Boulevard
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Hotel Information: (434) 243-5000
Reservations: Are made for participants automatically when they register for the program.