The IFDA Executive Development Program for Foodservice Distributor Executives is designed to take high potential employees at your company to the next level through a process of personal development that is both challenging and rewarding.
A Customized Program for Foodservice Distribution
Participants come away with improved leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. With IFDA's customized program, they have the opportunity to develop those skills with other high potential people in the foodservice distribution industry. This groundbreaking program is conducted with the world-renowned University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The Financial Times ranks Darden’s faculty No. 1 in the world and The Economist has ranked Darden the No. 1 educational experience in the world for three consecutive years.
This program will help participants:
- Cultivate a leadership style that promotes an innovation-focused entrepreneurial mindset, create successful teams, and drive transformational change;
- Integrate strategy, judgment, and data for more effective decision-making;
- Analyze, assess, and structure negotiating situations, and create appropriate strategies to improve relationships and enhance effectiveness;
- Identify how cashflow influences business decisions, as well as key data, benchmarking comparisons, and other aspects of executive-level financial reporting;
- Realize their full potential as a leader.
- Module 1 contains 24 hours of class time & mandatory team required activities as well as approximately 10 hours of mandatory pre-class individual preparation. In total there are 34 hours of instructional hours.
- Module 2, currently postponed until 2021, is expected to contain 20 hours of class time & mandatory team required activities as well as approximately 8 hours of mandatory pre-class individual preparation. In total there are 28 hours of instructional hours.
2020 Darden Modules
February 23 – 26, 2020
Darden Module One, Charlottesville, VA
(24 hours of class time & team work as well as approximately 10 hours of indvidual preparation, totaling 34 hours.)
Students spend three days at Darden developing critical thinking, decision analysis, and strategic thinking to help participants understand organizational strategy, competitive dynamics, and the fundamentals of business growth.
New Date for 2020's Class: July 25-28, 2021
Darden Module Two, Charlottesville, VA
(20 hours of class time & team work as well as approximately 8 hours of indvidual preparation, totaling 28 hours.)
Second classroom session where students will continue to build insights and network with colleagues.
Program Graduates receive a certificate of completion as well as recognition at IFDA events.
The Deadline for Enrollment is for the 2020 Class was December 21, 2019. Due to the impact of the pandemic, we regret to announce that we will not be hosting a 2021 edition of the IFDA Executive Development Program with the Darden School of Business. IFDA’s Executive Development Program will resume in 2022 and more details will be published as they become available. Questions, please call (703) 532-9400.
Hotel & Destination
Students enrolled in the Executive Development Program stay at the historic Inn at Darden, the on-grounds hotel and conference property of the University of Virginia. Conveniently located next to UVA’s Darden School of Business, the inn is a 10-minute drive from downtown Charlottesville and a quick walk from shops and restaurants just off grounds.
Rooms include pillow-top queen beds, microwaves, coffeemakers and mini-fridges. Complimentary Wi-Fi and work desks also make it easy to stay connected and productive throughout your stay.
UVA Inn at Darden
10 Duffy Boulevard
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Reservations: Are made for participants automatically when they register for the program.