In a letter shared with trading partners, 17 leading foodservice organizations (including 13 IFDA Member companies) co-signed an industry call-to-action to commit to complete and accurate data for both food and non-food products. The effort is aimed at improving data sharing between trading partners as well as with consumers, and was coordinated by the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative.
Specifically, the letter asks companies to take action in the following ways:
• Share Phase 1 (basic product data) and Phase 2 (images, nutritionals, allergens etc.) attributes via the Global Data Synchronization Network (GSDN) in alignment with voluntary GS1 US Industry Standards.
• Gain leadership support to make Data Quality an organizational goal.
• Use GS1 US Attribute Explorer to understand trading partner attribute requirements. Attribute Explorer is a browser-based product information tool.
• Audit physical product weights and dimensions (not product specs) against GDSN data.
• Assess Data Quality processes/approach and its impact to the company.
• And, review and respond to trading partner Scorecard requests.
To access a PDF copy of the letter, click here