IFDA Executive Development Program
The IFDA Executive Development Program for Foodservice Distributor Executives is designed to take high potential employees at your company to the next level through a process of personal development that is both challenging and rewarding.
2017 Executive Development Program
Participants come away with improved analytical skills, problem solving skills, and leadership skills and have the opportunity to build these skills with other high potential people in the foodservice distribution industry. This groundbreaking program was launched in 2015 and is conducted with the University of Virginia Darden School of Business — one of the most respected business schools in the world.
This program will help participants:
• Cultivate a leadership style that promotes an innovation-focused entrepreneurial mindset, create successful teams, and drive transformational change;
• Integrate strategy, judgment, and data for more effective decision-making;
• Analyze, assess, and structure negotiating situations, and create appropriate strategies to improve relationships and enhance effectiveness;
• Identify how cashflow influences business decisions, as well as key data, benchmarking comparisons, and other aspects of executive-level financial reporting;
• Realize their full potential as a leader.
Thursday, January 12
Preparation Homework One
During the month prior to the first module at the Darden campus, participants read the case studies for the session, document their thoughts, and come prepared for discussion.
Sunday, February 12
Darden Module One
Students spend four days at the Darden campus discussing 12 case studies including Leadership in Action, Decision Analysis, and The Nuance of Negotion.
Friday, June 23
Preparation Homework Two
During the month prior to the second module at the Darden campus, participants read the case studies for the session, document their thoughts, and come prepared for discussion.
Sunday, July 23
Darden Module Two
During the final module, students spend four days at the Darden campus discussing 12 case studies including Financial Decision Making, Managing Conflict in Teams, and Leading Change.